Saturday 16 February 2008

Perfect muffin chase


It is a challenge and a process at the same time. If my husband likes something from a store or from a restaurant I have to make it better or at least as good. This was the Sainsbury's Banoffee case, taste the difference pizza case, wagamama noodles case, and many other cases :)

But I never succeeded with muffins. There was always something wrong, or rather something that might be improved.
I know the well known truth that muffins are very difficult to spoil. You can mess up with ingredients and they are still good. But if you want them perfect, I mean moist and puffy at the same time, and beautifully shaped, and nicely browned, then the story begins. Or maybe I am just obsessed?


Hitherto, this is my favorite recipe, but
this is not the end of my chase:

300 g flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
80 g brown sugar
1 egg, bitten
180 ml buttermilk (or milk, or yogurt, or orange juice, but I prefer buttermilk)
125 ml oil

and

everything that makes them aromatic and tasty and beautiful:

- blueberries and almonds,
- raspberries and white chocolate
- raspberries and nutella (or dulce de lece - this is delicious but I still don't know how to stop them exploding in the oven)
- dried cranberries and marzipan
- poppy and almonds
- pear, ginger (ground) and honey
- fig and pumpkin
- dried cranberries and pumpkin
- dark chocolate and cherry

- white chocolate and nuts

(+ 1 banana, diced, to make them moist)

And optionally, crumble on the top.


This time I made them with with
raspberries, white chocolate and guitar. B. said they were really good :)


1 comment:

Ms.Sabotage said...

z jednego muffina wystaje gitara. ki diabeł?