Thursday 6 March 2008

Easter Cakes (Lambs)


I made these lambs a year ago. I really wanted to have a lamb for Easter. Not a chocolate bunny, not chocolate eggs, just a lamb.
And the only way to get a lamb for Easter in this country was to DIMyself.

This year, I don't bake anything for Easter, I believe. We go to my mum, who makes amazing yeast cakes (babas), we eat and don't think about anything at all, especially not about our studies.


Easter Lambs:

225 g flour
100g caster sugar
100 g butter, cubed

Mix ingredients until the dough looks like crumble. Then add 1 egg and continue mixing with your hands until smooth. On a flat baking tray form a lamb shape. Bake in 170 C until brown.
Use marzipan, cashew nuts and dried cranberries (or anything else you like) to create fur.


Hint: I like this cake, because it doesn't need to spend hours in the fridge before baking.

4 comments:

Ms.Sabotage said...

come and live with me. like, seriously. i'll get rid of b.

b. said...

what, with your superior dance-fighting skills? I guess i stand no chance, but beware, I WILL fight. AND I will be the one with the belly full of nutritiou lamb-cakes.

Ms.Sabotage said...

death by tray it shall be!

Fabrykat said...

kids, behave yourselves! what about us three living together in about two weeks' time?